LightBlog

mardi 3 juillet 2018

Multi-device support in Google Duo is now rolling out

Google Duo

Back in February, an APK Teardown we performed showed that Google Duo would support multiple devices on an account for making and receiving voice and video calls. This feature has now started to roll out to some users.

Multi-device support allows you to connect your Google Account to your phone number in Google Duo and receive calls through either your phone number or your email address. This was most likely added for supporting the Google Assistant-enabled smart displays so they can make and receive Google Duo video calls.

Google Duo

Earlier today, my friend called me on Google Duo and I noticed that both of Essential Phone and my Samsung Galaxy S9+ were ringing. This was despite the fact that I had just installed Android P beta 2 on my Essential Phone yesterday and hadn’t set up Google Duo yet. I had it signed into my Google account and it automatically connected to the same phone number and email address.

To make sure this wasn’t a one-off occurrence, I tested it myself with an iPad and called my number. Both of my devices rang again. It seems like Google is slowly rolling out this multi-device feature as my editor doesn’t have the feature yet on version 36.1 of the application while I do.

The feature is really useful for people with more than one device, such as a personal and a work device. Once official support for tablets is available, multi-device support on Duo will be really useful for many people. We’ll update you when tablet support starts rolling out. You can download the latest version of the application from the Google Play Store link below.

Google Duo (Free, Google Play) →



from xda-developers https://ift.tt/2MOgrMS
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire